With looming load shedding schedules across South Africa, it looks to be a dark and gloomy winter for us. Now is the time to be prepared just in case load shedding hits your home. Here are our top tips to help you prepare for potential load shedding this winter;
1) Keep a copy of the load shedding schedule nearby and leave a reminder on your phone to help you remember.
2) Ensure your laptop, tablet and cell phones are fully charged. If you have no time to charge your phone, then, keep a power bank handy.
3) Do not open and close your refrigerator as you want to maintain the cold temperature for as long as possible.
4) Invest in a portable generator for your home. Ensure your generator has enough fuel to last for a week.
5) Unplug all appliances if not in use.
6) Make sure you have enough candles, gas lamps and batteries at hand.
7) Instead of cooking every night, rather prepare meals once a week or even twice a week.
8) If you have a fireplace, keep wood and kindling at hand for those cold nights.